Foreign nationals wishing to visit Peru anq require a visa, according to their country of origin
, may apply for a Tourist visa if they have recreational or similar purposes. This migratory status does not admit the purpose of immigration, permanent residence or development of remunerated activities.
Fill out the form provided by the Peruvian consulate. (DGC 005)
- Personal interview.
Present a valid passport (at least 6 months of validity from the date of entry to Peru).Proof of legal residency in the U.S. (valid Green Card or valid U.S. visa different from a tourist visa).
- Round Trip ticket to Peru (ticket, electronic ticket or reservation).
- Hotel booking or invitation letter (ORIGINAL, scans or photocopies will not be accepted) legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Peru.
- One (1) passport size photograph.
- Proof of financial solvency: 3 most recent copies of your bank statements.
- Police Records (background check) issued within this Consulate’s jurisdiction (D.C., Virginia, Maryland, Kentucky, West Virginia and Delaware).
- Proof of residency in this Consulate’s jurisdiction.
Payment of the corresponding consular fee.
|30.00 Consular Soles (*)|
(*) A Consular Sol is approximately equivalent to one US dollar in local currency.
For local currency equivalents , see section
- The submission of an application does not guarantee automatic issuance of a visa. Each application is assessed individually by the Peruvian Consul.
- Every peruvian visa will expire, if not used, within six (6) months from the date of issuance.
- During the proceedings of the application, it may be required the submission of additional requirements.
- Any INCLOPETE visa application will be automatically REJECTED and the applicant will not be able to request a visa within six (6) months.
- US citizens are not required to process a Peruvian tourist visa as long as their passport has a period of validity that exceeds six (6) months at the moment of entry to Peru
- Se recuerda que el pago por el trámite puede hacerse en efectivo o con tarjeta VISA o MASTERCARD. Sin embargo, el último día hábil del mes SOLO podrá pagarse en efectivo
This information answers general cases. If you require specific information not answered in this page please access to Frequent Questions or consult the Consular Offices.