Omitir los comandos de cinta
Saltar al contenido principal
Inicio de sesión


Minors born in the states of Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC, West Virginia, Kentucky and Delaware, children of a Peruvian father or mother, can be inscribed in the Birth Registry of the Consular Office of Peru in Washington DC. Those borth outside of the aforementioned districts cannot be registered in that Consulate General. Accordingly, those applicants must locate the Consulate nearest to them.

  • Presence of Peruvian parent, identified with their DNI
    • If the petition is from both parents with Peruvian nationality, both should present their current DNIs.
    • If the petition is from both parents and one is Peruvian, he/she should present their current DNI, while the foreign father/mother should present the document with which authorities in the country in which they are requesting registration identify them.
    • Registration can never take place at the request of the foreign parent alone.

  • Copy of the identification documents of the parent(s) who apply for the registration.

  • Foreign birth certificate, where the paternity/maternity of the applicant parent(s) can be found.

  • Bring 2 Passport size color photos.

  • The presence of the minor who is to be registered is strictly mandatory.
  • Nationalized Peruvian citizens (foreign citizens who obtained Peruvian citizenship through residency or marriage) cannot register the birth of their children at the Consular Offices.

  • Upon registration, the Consular Office will present one (1) certified copy of the certificate, free of charge.
  • Registration of birth must take place before the minor officially becomes an adult (18 years of age).


Central Telefónica:
(202) 990-5400 (La atención telefónica solo se realizará de lunes a viernes de 2:30 pm a 4:30 pm)
(202) 230-9992 (No se dará información sobre trámites)
1(202) 900-5912
Correo Electrónico:
Horario de Atención:
De Lunes a Viernes de 08:30 AM - 1:00 PM (Para tramites: Solo con cita) (Para recoger documentos: Sin cita)
Puede usar los siguientes correos solo para consultas:;;;;;