nationals wishing to visit Peru may apply for a Tourist visa if they have
recreational or similar purposes. This type of visa is for genuine visitors who
intend to stay temporarily in Peru. It does not admit the purpose of
immigration, permanent residence or paid work.
Find out if you need a visa to travel as a tourist to Peru here
- Fill out the form provided by the
Peruvian consulate: FORM DGC-005
- Valid passport (minimum validity
of 6 months)
- Round Trip ticket to Peru
(ticket, electronic ticket or flight reservation).
- Hotel booking, tour
booking, or invitation letter from a Peruvian national legalised by the
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Peru (any of these documents).
- Provide evidence of funds to
cover travel to Peru (bank statement of applicant).
- 1 Passport photo (added to the FORM DGC-005 form). Note: your photo must meet Australian
Government requirements and International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO)
standards. Self-taken photos with a mobile phone camera will not be accepted.
- $45.00 Australian dollars
Process of application
- Send application message to firstname.lastname@example.org with digital/scanned documents from Requirements section above (for passport, just provide a copy of the bio data page). All documents must be sent in a single PDF file.
- The Consulate will assess the documents and if pre-approved, the applicant will be notified by email and asked to bring/post their physical passport to the Consulate (Suite 1001/84 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000) and make the corresponding payment of $45.00 via EFT to the Consulate General of Peru bank account:
Account number 1115 3166
Once the visa is issued, the Consulate will inform the applicant to arrange passport collection.
- The submission of the visa application and supporting documents does not guarantee the automatic issuance of a visa. Each application is assessed individually by the Peruvian Consul.
- During the proceedings of the application, the submission of additional requirements may be required.