The tourist visa is intended for those who enter the country without residence and for the purpose of tourist visits or recreational activities or similar. Consequently, they are not allowed to perform lucrative activities.
GERMAN AND EUROPEAN CITIZENS OF SCHENGEN SPACE
German citizens will be able to enter Peru without the need for a tourist visa. They will require carrying their valid passport and ticket from Peru.
The passport must be valid for at least six months on your entry into the Republic of Peru.
The immigration authority will indicate in the passport, the moment of entering Peru, the time of authorized stay as a tourist. Extensions of this period are requested from the National Superintendency of Migration in Peru (www.migraciones.gob.pe
) before the end of the authorized period of stay.
The maximum period of stay as a tourist in Peru is 90 days.
CITIZENS OF INDIA AND CHINA
According to the supreme decrete No. 069-2016 RE and the supreme decrete No. 06-2017 RE, citizens of the People´s Republic of China and citizens of India are exempt from the requirement of a temporary tourist visa, as long as they fulfill one of the following conditions:
- Holders of a visa, with at least six (6) months of validity, for the United States of America, Canada, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Australia or of a state that belongs to the Schengen area.
- Having a permanent residency in the United States of America, Canada, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Australia or of a state that belongs to the Schengen area.
The maximum duration of stay is one hundred eighty (180) days, spent in a continuous visit or in consecutive visits, during the period of one year.
VISA IN ORDER TO ENTER PERU
Citizens of other nationalities should consult the list of countries who are required to obtain a visa in order to enter Peru ("List of countries that require a visa to enter Peru"). This list can be issued by the Peruvian consulates in your country of origin or residence.List of countries that require a visa to enter Peru
Fill out the visa application form (DGC 005).
- Personal interview, conducted by the Peruvian consulate after the reception of all required documents.
- Presentation of valid passport. Passport must have at least 6 months of validity and at least 3 empty pages.
- Presentation of German residence card (Aufenthaltstitel).
- Copy of the round trip ticket to Peru (ticket, electronic ticket or reservation).
- Hotel reservation, reservation of tourist package (guided tour etc.) or invitation letter (any of these documents).
- One photo, passport size, coloured with white background.
- Prove of economic solvency: recent copy of the status of your bank account.
- Payment of the consular fee (this payment is neither reimbursable nor transferable).
- The presentation of the visa application and the required documentation does not guarantee the issuing of a visa. Every application is evaluated individually by the Peruvian consulate.
- During the application process the presentation of additional documents may be required.